Five indicted on murder charges in Ga. deputy death
Five people were indicted on murder charges today in the killing of a Bibb County deputy, and authorities are seeking the death penalty against two of them.
District Attorney Howard Simms said he will seek the death penalty against Antron Dawayne Fair, 21, and Damon Antwon Jolly, 20, who are accused of firing shots at Whitehead.
Also indicted on murder charges in the case are Cynthia Greene, 20, Thomas Mason Porter Jr., 22, and Hassan Shirell Harclerode, 26, police said. Harclerode was not at the home at the time of the shooting, but he was charged because as the home's renter, he was responsible for activities there, authorities said.
*For more on this story, read Wednesday's Telegraph.*
Macon Telegraph (http://www.macon.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests