Miss. sheriff who cut "red tape" after Katrina faces charges
Copyright 2006 Capital City Press
All Rights Reserved
PENNY BROWN ROBERTS; Advocate staff writer
BROOKLYN, Miss. - Lettie Knight had a feeling she might not make it.
It had been six days since the winds and rain of Hurricane Katrina lay temporary waste to this town - with its one yellow blinking light and a Quick Stop - where she was born 75 years ago and rarely has strayed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms