Court overturns San Francisco officer's suspension for amateur videos
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — The San Francisco police officer whose amateur videos were denounced by city officials as racist, sexist and homophobic won an appeal of his temporary suspension Thursday, as a court suggested that Police Chief Heather Fong had acted out of an excessive concern for public relations.
Suspended San Francisco police officer Andrew Cohen plays one of his award-winning documentaries about the SFPD at his home in Berkeley, Calif., Dec. 2005. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms