LAPD to videotape major incidents
By Richard Winton
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — In the wake of the MacArthur Park melee, LAPD Chief William J. Bratton had decided the best way to avoid future problems is for his department to produce its own brand of reality television.
"Every 15 minutes or 30 minutes, the incident commander will narrate what is occurring at the event," said Deputy Chief Mike Hillman, the new head of the department's critical-incident training bureau, who developed the idea.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: LAPD to videotape major incidents
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help