Del. cop files discrimination suit
The Associated Press
WILMINGTON, Del.- A senior officer in the Wilmington Police Department is suing the city in a discrimination case.
The jobs are the second-highest in the department. The mayor fills the positions.
Senior Corporal Kevin Connon, the police union president, is supporting Dietz.
He says there is an unwritten rule that one of the city's two inspectors must be white and the other must be black.
Dietz, who is white, is a 26-year veteran of the police department.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman