2 off-duty officers acquitted in Calif. brutality case
Diana Walsh, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
It was a police brutality case. But the victim, a drug dealer named Calvin Brooks, didn't have any cuts or bumps, and the only injury a doctor who examined him did find -- a broken rib -- failed to show up on an X-ray.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform