2 off-duty officers acquitted in Calif. brutality case
Diana Walsh, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
It was a police brutality case. But the victim, a drug dealer named Calvin Brooks, didn't have any cuts or bumps, and the only injury a doctor who examined him did find -- a broken rib -- failed to show up on an X-ray.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds