Stockton, Calif. police outraged after man gets time served for firing on station
By Scott Smith
STOCKTON, Calif. — A sentence releasing the man who shot up the Ripon Police Department turned into a face-off Monday between San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Terrence Van Oss and the county's upper echelon of law enforcement.
Van Oss ruled Monday that Jason Walraven, 36, was an otherwise upstanding citizen who "snapped" under life's pressure when he fired 17 shots inside his own home Dec. 2, then drove into downtown Ripon, crashed his car and opened fire on the Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman