Drunk driving: In Ohio city, $1,000 covers it
By Randy Ludlow
The Columbus Dispatch
WAVERLY, Ohio — For drunken-driving suspects facing three or more days in jail and lengthy license suspensions or restrictions, it's a great deal.
Nearly 100 of them have made $1,000 "donations" to the Waverly Police Department to make their troubles go away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drunk driving: In Ohio city, $1,000 covers it
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds