Lack of wills leaves deceased S.C. firefighters' families 'in limbo'
Editor's Note — While this article relates to a firefighting incident, the underlying issue of the need for all first responders to have a will is extremely relevant to the law enforcement community as well. For more information on this issue, please read our recent exclusive, Preparing for the worst.
By Jessica Johnson
The Post and Courier
CHARLESTON, S.C. — Most of the Charleston firefighters who died in the June 18 Super Sofa Store blaze did not leave behind a will.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help