N.Y. mafia cops get life sentences
BY ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
The "Mafia Cops" took eight lives and yesterday, they learned theirs would be lost to prison.
Saying their crimes were the worst he ever saw, a Brooklyn federal judge hit two ex-Police Department detectives with life terms in prison and million-dollar fines for their roles as mob hit men.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. mafia cops get life sentences
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help