Fla. officer injured during rescue sues
The Associated Press
Related: Fla. officer will drop suit against family in near drowning
CASSELBERRY, Fla. — A Florida police officer who slipped and injured her knee during a rescue is suing a family who called 911 after their toddler nearly drowned.
The family's 1-year-old boy fell into the family pool in January. He was resuscitated but suffered brain damage and can't walk, talk or swallow. He lives in a nursing home and eats and breathes through tubes.
The boy's grandfather says there was obviously going to be water in the house, since the boy was sopping wet when they brought him in from the pool.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court