High court ruling may make officers individually liable for wrongful arrests
By Daniel Tepfer
The Connecticut Post Online
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to dismiss a lawsuit against two city police officers by a man imprisoned for a gas station robbery he didn't commit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help