R.I. detective says slain colleague yelled for help before being shot
The Associated Press
PROVIDENCE, R.I.- A Providence police detective describes the chaotic moments surrounding the shooting death of a colleague inside police headquarters last year.
On the stand today, Detective Timothy McGann said he and Allen were questioning Carpio in a conference room when he left to get Carpio some water.
As he returned, he said he heard the sounds of a fight inside the locked room.
Allen yelled for help, saying "He's going to kill me." Then McGann heard a gunshot. McGann yelled Allen's name but he didn't respond.
After busting down the door, police found Allen fatally shot on the conference room floor. McGann says Carpio was nowhere to be found.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house