U.S. Attorney declines to press charges against Rep. McKinney
By LAURIE KELLMAN
Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON- A grand jury declined to indict Rep. Cynthia McKinney on criminal charges in connection with a March incident in which she admitted hitting a police officer who tried to stop her from entering a House office building, government prosecutors announced Friday.
The decision follows a dispute over
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court