Three charged in S.C. police shooting
The Associated Press
Greenville, SC- Three people face drug and assault charges in the shooting of an officer who tried to serve a search warrant.
Kenyatta Hunter and Constanzas Williams have been charged with assault and battery with attempt to kill and manufacturing drugs, according to arrest warrants.
Williams also was charged with possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
Synitha Cook has been charged with unlawful conduct toward a child and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
Investigators say two children in the home were taken into protective custody.
Captain Harold Preston was recovering from a shoulder wound at Greenville Memorial Hospital. Officer Matthew Veal also was hurt, but officials said he escaped serious injury because of his protective vest.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy