Neb. officer claims weight led to firing
By Kevin Cole and Jennifer Palmer
Omaha World-Herald Staff Writer
Related: Was a Chief out of line for telling his officers to get fit?
P1 Poll results: Should officers be required to take yearly physical fitness tests?
BELLEVUE, Neb. — A Bellevue police officer has been fired after being accused of being not physically fit enough to perform his duties, an attorney for the officer said.
Officer Chris Parent was terminated effective Wednesday, said Steve Delaney, one of Parent's attorneys.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Neb. officer claims weight led to firing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests