Trial starts for N.Y. officers in Sean Bell shooting
NEW YORK — His killer was a cop.
That much, at least, is clear from the way 23-year-old Sean Bell was shot dead in a confrontation with police early on Nov. 25, 2006, outside a notorious strip club in Jamaica. He died just hours before his wedding.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic