Ruling in Philly cop shooting sparks outrage
By Julie Shaw
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — A judge yesterday dismissed an attempted-murder charge in the shooting of a Philadelphia Housing Authority police officer last month, prompting outrage among police and prosecutors.
"Give him another m---------ing rifle. He can just walk. That's just madness," one PHA police officer, who did not want to give his name, said right after yesterday's preliminary hearing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ruling in Philly cop shooting sparks outrage
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic