Man convicted of murdering Texas officer
By Brian Rogers
The Houston Chronicle
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — Jurors began deliberating in the capital murder trial of Juan Leonardo Quintero today after hearing prosecutors argue that he killed a Houston police officer because he feared spending 10 years in federal prison for re-entering the United States after being deported in 1999.
"Fear turned to anger and he assassinated Rodney Johnson as (Johnson) was filling out paperwork," prosecutor John Jordan said in closing arguments in Quintero's capital murder trial.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man convicted of murdering Texas officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic