Ga. grand jury clears police in 8 cases
By David Simpson
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DeKALB, Ga. — A DeKalb County grand jury has found police justified in eight use-of-force cases last year, including the fatal shooting of a knife-wielding man who battled several officers.
The findings are part of District Attorney Gwen Keyes Fleming's newly announced policy of having a grand jury review every police shooting in DeKalb and report a "civil finding" on whether it was justified — separate from any decision on whether an officer should be prosecuted for a crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. grand jury clears police in 8 cases
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy