Ga. grand jury clears police in 8 cases
By David Simpson
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DeKALB, Ga. — A DeKalb County grand jury has found police justified in eight use-of-force cases last year, including the fatal shooting of a knife-wielding man who battled several officers.
The findings are part of District Attorney Gwen Keyes Fleming's newly announced policy of having a grand jury review every police shooting in DeKalb and report a "civil finding" on whether it was justified — separate from any decision on whether an officer should be prosecuted for a crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. grand jury clears police in 8 cases
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms