Trial in death of Ariz. K-9 starts for officer
Ariz. officer arrested in death of K9 partner
Ariz. officer responsible for K-9s death says he's sorry
Ariz. officer whose police dog die in hot car pleads not guilty
Saving K-9s from the heat: Hot dog device alarms of heat
By Megan Boehnke
The Arizona Republic
MARICOPA COUNTY, Ariz. — Just over a year after Sgt. Tom Lovejoy left his police dog sleeping in his patrol SUV, the Chandler officer goes on trial today hoping to prove that Bandit's death that hot August day was a tragic accident, not animal cruelty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Trial in death of Ariz. K-9 starts for officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds