Ga. cop killer scheduled for execution
By Rhonda COok
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SAVANNAH, Ga. — An execution warrant was signed Wednesday for Troy Anthony Davis, convicted in the 1989 murder of Savannah police officer Mark Allen MacPhail in a case that later saw seven witnesses against recant their testimony.
Davis is the second Chatham County murder convict to have an execution date set this week. On Tuesday, Jack Alderman was scheduled to die for the 1974 murder of his wife on Sept. 16.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. cop killer scheduled for execution
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court