Chicago cops use new tactic; seize drug house
By Annie Sweeney
CHICAGO — Two years ago, the Chicago Police Department decided to go after not only drug dealers but the homes they use to ply their illegal trade.
Now the department has taken its first property, a two-flat in the 5200 block of South Artesian where a mid-level dealer was stashing cocaine and marijuana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago cops use new tactic; seize drug house
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help