Police say man posed as cop to force sex from prostitutes
By Noelene Clark
BELLEVUE, Wash. — A 27-year-old Bellevue man accused of impersonating a police officer to force prostitutes to have sex with him was charged with extortion and criminal impersonation Thursday.
Sasidhar Vanapalli is being held at King County Jail on $500,000 bail on charges for an incident in Bellevue; Redmond police expect he'll face more charges related to a separate incident, according to Redmond Police Department spokesman Jim Bove.
Bellevue police believe Vanapalli responded to a Craigslist ad posted by a 19-year-old woman seeking work as an escort, said police department spokesman Greg Grannis.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house