Police say man posed as cop to force sex from prostitutes
By Noelene Clark
BELLEVUE, Wash. — A 27-year-old Bellevue man accused of impersonating a police officer to force prostitutes to have sex with him was charged with extortion and criminal impersonation Thursday.
Sasidhar Vanapalli is being held at King County Jail on $500,000 bail on charges for an incident in Bellevue; Redmond police expect he'll face more charges related to a separate incident, according to Redmond Police Department spokesman Jim Bove.
Bellevue police believe Vanapalli responded to a Craigslist ad posted by a 19-year-old woman seeking work as an escort, said police department spokesman Greg Grannis.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court