Ex-Pa. police officer 'stole seized drugs'
By Jonathan D. Silver
PITTSBURGH — The Washington County district attorney's office yesterday charged a former Fallowfield police officer with stealing thousands of dollars worth of cocaine and marijuana seized as part of a 2006 case he investigated.
Allen E. Pettit, 46, of Springdale Township, was charged with a half-dozen crimes including theft and perjury. He was arrested outside his house yesterday morning and jailed on $50,000 straight bond.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Pa. police officer 'stole seized drugs'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds