Man gets death sentence for killing Ohio cop
By Chris Foreman
GREENSBURG, Pa. — The man who killed a retired state police trooper from Rostraver was given a death sentence this week by an Ohio jury.
Calvin Neyland Jr., 44, was convicted last week of two counts of aggravated murder in the Aug. 8, 2007, shootings of Thomas Lazar, 58, of Rostraver, and Liberty Transportation manager Doug Smith, 44, of Toledo.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man gets death sentence for killing Ohio cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house