Man gets death sentence for killing Ohio cop
By Chris Foreman
GREENSBURG, Pa. — The man who killed a retired state police trooper from Rostraver was given a death sentence this week by an Ohio jury.
Calvin Neyland Jr., 44, was convicted last week of two counts of aggravated murder in the Aug. 8, 2007, shootings of Thomas Lazar, 58, of Rostraver, and Liberty Transportation manager Doug Smith, 44, of Toledo.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man gets death sentence for killing Ohio cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms