Ex-sergeant gets 5 yrs. for embezzling $51K from PD
By Dave Hughes
FORT SMITH, Ark. — A former Van Buren police sergeant was sentenced Thursday to five years in federal prison after having pleaded guilty last year to embezzling almost $51,000 from his department over 3 1/2 years.
U.S. District Judge Robert Dawson also fined Miklos Molnar $3,000 and ordered that he repay the $50,997 stolen from the department's evidence room. Molnar, however, paid back the money in July, shortly after the theft was discovered.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman