Slain Fla. officer's widow faces off with killer
By Ihosvani Rodriguez
Widows of slain officers: 'You never get over it'
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — On her lap was a large stack of old wedding and family photos, dozens of letters written over the years and newspaper articles that have long faded to yellow.
Suellen Fardelmann, a former Cooper City mayor and the widow of fallen Hollywood Police Officer Hank Minard, slowly described the items she was clutching on Tuesday while on the road to face the man who killed her husband 36 years ago.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Slain Fla. officer's widow faces off with killer
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman