Intoxicated off duty Chicago cop crashes, kills 2
By Frank Main and Stefano Esposito
CHICAGO — An off-duty Chicago Police detective was intoxicated when the SUV he was driving plowed into the back of a disabled car on the Dan Ryan Expy., killing two people in a fiery crash, authorities said.
Joseph Frugoli, 41, of the Bridgeport area, was charged Friday evening with two courts of aggravated driving under the influence, two counts of reckless homicide and one count of leaving the scene of an accident, said Sally Daly, spokeswoman for Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez. He will appear in bond court today.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house