Ill. police crack down on officers who drive drunk
By Frank Main
Intoxicated off duty Chicago cop crashes, kills 2
Experts to cops: Guns and bars are bad recipe
CHICAGO — Days after one of his cops was arrested for allegedly killing two men in an alcohol-fueled crash, Police Supt. Jody Weis emphasized Monday that he's serious about cracking down on officers who get behind the wheel drunk.
Weis took office early last year after the Daley administration was embarrassed by a series of scandals stemming from cops allegedly misbehaving in bars.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman