N.C. department stripped of arrest powers
By Drew Brooks, Corey G. Johnson
These undated pictures provided by the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office shows Spring Lake Sergeants Darryl Eugene Coulter, Sr. (right) and Alphonzo Devonne Whittington, Jr. (left). Coulter and Whittington were indicted Monday, May 4, 2009 on numerous charges, and the department for which they worked has been stripped of its criminal investigation duties. (AP Photo)
SPRING LAKE, N.C. — The Spring Lake Police Department was stripped of its remaining police powers Monday, and two of its officers were arrested.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. department stripped of arrest powers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help