Trial begins in wrongful death suit against Minn. officer
By Rochelle Olson
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — The first day of the trial in a wrongful death lawsuit against a Minneapolis police officer and the city ended dramatically Tuesday when a judge chastised a lawyer for projecting a picture of Fong Lee's bloody, bullet-riddled body on screens throughout the St. Paul courtroom.
At the sight, many of Lee's family members broke into loud sobs. U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson ordered the family's lawyer, Michael Padden, to take down the photo, saying it hadn't been admitted into evidence. Padden said he'd put up the picture by mistake.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help