Partner tells court BART cop was shaken after shooting
By Demian Bulwa
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — Former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle was distraught but silent after he shot an unarmed passenger to death early New Year's Day, his partner testified Wednesday.
"When I looked at Officer Mehserle, his forehead was extremely sweaty, his face was flushed and his eyes were big," Officer Jon Woffinden testified at Mehserle's preliminary hearing on a murder charge. "He didn't say anything. ... I told him that he needed to take a walk."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court