Partner tells court BART cop was shaken after shooting
By Demian Bulwa
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — Former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle was distraught but silent after he shot an unarmed passenger to death early New Year's Day, his partner testified Wednesday.
"When I looked at Officer Mehserle, his forehead was extremely sweaty, his face was flushed and his eyes were big," Officer Jon Woffinden testified at Mehserle's preliminary hearing on a murder charge. "He didn't say anything. ... I told him that he needed to take a walk."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy