Ill. man arrested for stealing officer's gun after crash
By Vikki Ortiz and Liam Ford
CHICAGO — A 22-year-old South Side man was ordered held in lieu of $300,000 bail Saturday after being accused of stealing the gun of a Chicago police officer who is in a medically induced coma following a traffic accident, authorities said.
Rasaan Shannon, of the 9800 block of South Morgan Street, faces charges of strong arm robbery, disarming a peace officer and unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, police said. Cook County Criminal Judge Donald Panarese set Shannon's bail, according to the state's attorney's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help