Ill. man arrested for stealing officer's gun after crash
By Vikki Ortiz and Liam Ford
CHICAGO — A 22-year-old South Side man was ordered held in lieu of $300,000 bail Saturday after being accused of stealing the gun of a Chicago police officer who is in a medically induced coma following a traffic accident, authorities said.
Rasaan Shannon, of the 9800 block of South Morgan Street, faces charges of strong arm robbery, disarming a peace officer and unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, police said. Cook County Criminal Judge Donald Panarese set Shannon's bail, according to the state's attorney's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman