N.J. trooper found not guilty in deaths
By Jacqueline L. Urgo
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. — A New Jersey state trooper was found not guilty of vehicular homicide yesterday in the 2006 deaths of two Upper Township sisters.
The verdict for Officer Robert Higbee, 37, of Somers Point, was delivered in a courtroom packed with members of the victims' family and supporters of the policeman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. trooper found not guilty in deaths
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman