Philly man impersonated priest, visited sick officer
By David O'Reilly
PHILADELPHIA — The Northeast Philadelphia man arrested Monday for impersonating a Catholic priest and deceiving the family of an injured police officer has also pretended to be a city firefighter, deputy chief of staff for Pennsylvania's speaker of the House, and president of his college's student body.
Paul N. Schlear Jr., 26, has been charged with criminal trespass and false impersonation for presenting himself as a cleric at the hospital bedside of Officer Richard Hayes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police