Fla. officer put on leave after kicking suspect
By Todd Ruger
Sarasota Herald Tribune
SARASOTA, Fla. — A police officer is under investigation after a video surveillance camera at the Sarasota County jail recorded him kicking and stepping on a man who was handcuffed.
The tape shows Officer Christopher Childers pull a squad car into the jail's sallyport area with Juan G. Perez, 21, with his hands handcuffed behind him in the back seat about 8 p.m. on June 26.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer put on leave after kicking suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house