Review finds fault with BART officers' behavior after New Year's shooting
By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — BART police bungled the New Year's disturbance that ended in an officer shooting an unarmed patron to death, says a scathing report now in the hands of BART brass.
Police ordered to the Fruitvale Station in response to a reported fight on a train early Jan. 1 didn't know what they were getting into, ignored protocols for dealing with large crowds and got no help from superiors who failed to show up, according to the report by the law firm Meyers Nave.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman