Fla. cop taped kicking man won't be charged
By Todd Ruger
Sarasota Herald Tribune
SARASOTA, Fla. — A police officer seen kicking a handcuffed man on Sarasota County Jail surveillance video will not face battery charges, the state attorney's office announced Wednesday.
Prosecutors declined to file charges against Sarasota officer Christopher Childers, who was put on administrative leave after the video showed him kicking Juan G. Perez, 21, on June 26.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. cop taped kicking man won't be charged
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house