Va. police sued for alleged improper searches
By Peter Dujardin
HAMPTON, Va. — officials said they plan to strongly contest two federal lawsuits asserting that Hampton police conducted improper searches of citizens during two traffic stops in 2007 and 2008.
In an interview last week, City Attorney Cynthia Hudson and Deputy City Manager Mary Bunting said the suits - filed in U.S. District Court by a former Newport News Circuit Court judge - are baseless.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. police sued for alleged improper searches
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic