Charges filed in shooting of Wisc. police officer
By Mike Johnson and John Diedrich
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE, Wisc. — London Stewart and his girlfriend were asleep early Wednesday when Milwaukee police tossed in a flash-bang grenade, yelled "Police!" and began smashing a sledge hammer into the front door of the N. 12th St. house, according to a criminal complaint issued Saturday.
Stewart grabbed the loaded 9mm Hi-Point handgun on the nightstand, flipped off the safety and ran out of the bedroom, firing at least one round, hitting Officer James Jekanoski in the arm, the complaint says.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds