Man sentenced to death for killing L.A. cop
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — Calling a 26-year-old gang member a predator responsible for a cold-blooded killing, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge sentenced him today to death for fatally shooting an off-duty county police captain.
Miguel Angel Magallon received his sentence by Judge Kathleen Kennedy in a downtown courtroom two months after a jury recommended he be executed for the murder of Capt. Michael L. Sparkes during an attempted robbery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man sentenced to death for killing L.A. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman