Man sentenced to death for killing L.A. cop
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — Calling a 26-year-old gang member a predator responsible for a cold-blooded killing, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge sentenced him today to death for fatally shooting an off-duty county police captain.
Miguel Angel Magallon received his sentence by Judge Kathleen Kennedy in a downtown courtroom two months after a jury recommended he be executed for the murder of Capt. Michael L. Sparkes during an attempted robbery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man sentenced to death for killing L.A. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help