Calif. department investigating use of force caught on tape
By David R. Baker
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN JOSE, Calif. — San Jose Police Chief Rob Davis on Sunday promised a swift investigation into a videotaped incident in which officers used a baton and a Taser stun gun while arresting a college student, who said he was struck even after he was handcuffed.
The video, captured on a cell phone, shows an officer repeatedly striking San Jose State University student Phuong Ho, 20, with a baton while arresting him Sept. 3 at his home for allegedly threatening one of his roommates.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic