Trial set to open in '07 death of Philly officer
By Joseph A. Slobodzian
PHILADLEPHIA — It's hindsight, of course, but for many Philadelphia police officers, Oct. 31, 2007, is the day everything changed.
Philadelphia police had been killed before, but that day's shooting of Officer Chuck Cassidy echoes like the first muffled drumroll of a funeral cadence that continued through the killings of five more officers through February 2009.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Trial set to open in '07 death of Philly officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house