Wash. lawyer helping cops in legal trouble
By Steve Miletich
SEATTLE — When Everett police Officer Troy Meade was charged last week with unlawfully killing a drunken-driving suspect, a familiar name appeared as his defense attorney: David Allen.
Over the past several years, the Seattle defense lawyer has become the go-to guy for cops accused of crimes ranging from assaulting an informant to punching a handcuffed man.
The reason might seem obvious: Allen wins.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help