Two La. officers accused of stealing $2,000
By Kimberly Vetter
ST. GABRIEL, La. — Two St. Gabriel police officers who investigated a fatal car crash in August took $2,000 from the body of the man killed in the wreck, authorities said.
A tip from a disgruntled girlfriend of one of the police officers led State Police to the Thursday arrest of Keith Snowten, 23, of St. Gabriel, and Rodrick Wesley, 32, of Bayou Goula, St. Gabriel Police Chief Kevin Ambeau said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Two La. officers accused of stealing $2,000
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic