Two La. officers accused of stealing $2,000
By Kimberly Vetter
ST. GABRIEL, La. — Two St. Gabriel police officers who investigated a fatal car crash in August took $2,000 from the body of the man killed in the wreck, authorities said.
A tip from a disgruntled girlfriend of one of the police officers led State Police to the Thursday arrest of Keith Snowten, 23, of St. Gabriel, and Rodrick Wesley, 32, of Bayou Goula, St. Gabriel Police Chief Kevin Ambeau said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Two La. officers accused of stealing $2,000
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police