Lawsuit shines spotlight on Philly police foot pursuits
By Troy Graham
PHILADELPHIA — Raymond Pelzer was playing dice on a known West Philadelphia drug corner when two police officers approached him.
Pelzer, 25, handed over his identification but ran off before the officers learned that he was wanted for a probation violation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy