Lawsuit shines spotlight on Philly police foot pursuits
By Troy Graham
PHILADELPHIA — Raymond Pelzer was playing dice on a known West Philadelphia drug corner when two police officers approached him.
Pelzer, 25, handed over his identification but ran off before the officers learned that he was wanted for a probation violation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police