Cop's story changes in Burge case
Denies he saw former boss put gun to suspect's head
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — He was uncomfortable and made it clear he didn't want to be there.
But then Michael McDermott backpedaled on whether he told a federal grand jury he had seen Jon Burge press a revolver against a robbery suspect's head or wrap a plastic typewriter cover over his face.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cop's story changes in Burge case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house