Cop's story changes in Burge case
Denies he saw former boss put gun to suspect's head
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — He was uncomfortable and made it clear he didn't want to be there.
But then Michael McDermott backpedaled on whether he told a federal grand jury he had seen Jon Burge press a revolver against a robbery suspect's head or wrap a plastic typewriter cover over his face.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cop's story changes in Burge case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help