Witness in BART killing: 'They never struggled with me'
Says none of the officers withdrew their guns except for Mehserle
By Paul T. Rosynsky
LOS ANGELES — Former BART police officer Marysol Domenici, the second police officer to arrive at the scene where Oscar Grant III eventually was killed, began her testimony today, giving the jury its first glimpse of how a prosecutor intends to attack the credibility of the officers who witnessed one of their own kill an unarmed man.
Deputy District Attorney David Stein wasted no time in attacking Domenici's testimony, immediately pointing out that statements she gave in previous hearings and interviews did not match with what was depicted in recorded scenes of the events that led to the 22-year-old Hayward man's death.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms