Man accused of dragging Chicago cop
Prosecutors say the cop was dragged down the street from the window of a pickup truck
By Kim janssen
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — An northwest Indiana man was charged with aggravated battery of a peace officer and driving under the influence, as well as other charges, after a Chicago Police officer was dragged down the street from the window of a pickup truck, prosecutors allege.
Rogue Dooley, 37, of Gary, was pulled over by an officer on a bicycle for making an illegal U-turn in the 3200 block of South Lake Shore Drive shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, a police report says.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man accused of dragging Chicago cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms