Man accused of dragging Chicago cop
Prosecutors say the cop was dragged down the street from the window of a pickup truck
By Kim janssen
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — An northwest Indiana man was charged with aggravated battery of a peace officer and driving under the influence, as well as other charges, after a Chicago Police officer was dragged down the street from the window of a pickup truck, prosecutors allege.
Rogue Dooley, 37, of Gary, was pulled over by an officer on a bicycle for making an illegal U-turn in the 3200 block of South Lake Shore Drive shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, a police report says.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man accused of dragging Chicago cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman